04 January 2023

Update to Currently Reading

 Time for an update to the books I'm currently reading. Cemetery Boys (by Aiden Thomas, readng for the Read Harder challenge); Dune (by Frank Herbert); Hidden in Snow (by Viveca Sten, reading for the Cloak and Dagger challenge); and Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder (by Joanne Fluke, reading for the Cruisin' Through the Cozies challenge).

I have mixed feelings about my current books. I'm currently between 35%-40% finished which all of them. Taking them one at a time:

Dune (Frank Herbert) - This book is much better than I expected. Probably every bit as good as others have said. Makes me want to continue with the series. 37% complete (audiobook).

Cemetery Boys (Aiden Thomas) - I love this book! My first experiences with a trans main character and Latine culture. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and I already have a favorite character. 37% complete (audiobook).

Hidden in Snow (Viveca Sten) - This is the first book in a new series by Sten. I haven't decided if I like it as much as the Sandhamn series, but it is good. The only quibble I have right now is that the translation is less colloquial than I'm used to. Probably differences between European and North American usage.  There are two main plot threads, and I haven't quite worked out how they intertwine. Maybe after a little more reading. 36% complete (ebook).

Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder (Joanne Fluke) - I have most problems with this book. Or possibly with the series. I've tried reading other installments before, and never quite made it though. I'm not sure why, but something about the main characters is just really irritating to me. I can't seem to warm to them, even if they're likeable chracters. 38% complete (ebook).

Well, that's how things stand right now. I don't believe I'll do another update until I complete a book, I expect in about a week. Let me know if you have thoughts about any of these titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Hidden in Snow (Viveca Sten)

  Snow. Cold. Mountains. Darkness. You find these things a lot in Nordic Noir. And while Viveca Sten isn't usually included in lists of ...