01 January 2023

Read Harder Challenge 2023

I'll admit: I really like genre fiction. But I'll be the first to tell you, it's not always the most challenging stuff out there. So to up my reading a little, I've decided to do Book Riot's Read Harder challenge this year. It's only 24 books, maybe two a month, but the books selected have to meet certain criteria. Most of those are books I probably wouldn't normally read. For example, the first listed criteria is it has to be a book by a trans author about a trans character. I've chosen Cemetery Boys, by Aiden Thomas. It's a book I've actually had for a while (audio), but I've never finished it. This time I will. It's not that I don't like the book. In fact, I do like the story of a Latine transgender person dealing with spirits and his (not always supportive) family very much. I just keep getting distracted by easier reads. It's time to fix that and get the book done. An hour a day, and I'll have it finished in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Hidden in Snow (Viveca Sten)

  Snow. Cold. Mountains. Darkness. You find these things a lot in Nordic Noir. And while Viveca Sten isn't usually included in lists of ...