29 June 2013

First 10 Songs, 29 July 2013

It's kind of late in the day, but here's my first ten songs from my Pandora shuffle:

  1. "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus" (Steven Anderson: History of the Hymnal)
  2. "Any Man of Mine" (Shania Twain: The Woman in Me) - I really like Shania Twain, although this isn't one of my favorites. Kind of catchy, though.
  3. "Freewill (Live in Rio)" (Rush: Rush in Rio: Live) - OK, is this the only Rush album Pandora has? Again, one of my favorites, but I prefer the studio version.
  4. "Never Gonna Fall In Love" (Tom Robinson Band: Rising Free) - Tom Robinson and TRB in its various incarnations has been on the top of my list of great musicians since the early 80's. It's hard to find his work, but well worth the effort.
  5. "Ukulele Bros." (Jake Shimabukuro: Peace Love Ukulele) - Shimabukuro is probably the best-known contemporary ukulele artist. His work is anything but traditional ukulele. And, he's coming to town in November! I really want tickets!
  6. "Track 1" (Orange Range: Orange Range) - Another J-Pop group. What can I say, it's fun! Sorry, there doesn't seem to be an English language site.
  7. "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" (Mormon Tabernacle Choir: Teach Me to Walk in the Light & Other Children's Favorites) - Can't help it, they really do great choral music.
  8. "I Am the Day" (Libera: Free) - Another choral group, Libera is a wonderful, long-standing boys' choir. I love the arrangements they use.
  9. "Carpe Diem" (Yellow Generation: Jpop CD) - Lots of J-Pop tonight. I'm not familiar with this one, but I like it. Again, no English site.
  10. "Whenever You Need Somebody" (Rick Astley: Whenever You Need Somebody) - I'll admit it: I'm a Rick Astley fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Hidden in Snow (Viveca Sten)

  Snow. Cold. Mountains. Darkness. You find these things a lot in Nordic Noir. And while Viveca Sten isn't usually included in lists of ...