24 May 2014

Cadillac Black Cologne: Initial Impessions

I'm a bit of a cologne aficionado. I don't spend a lot of money on them, but I do like to find them at a good price. While I was out today, I happened to see a 3.4 oz. bottle of Cadillac Black on sale for $9.99, so I figured I'd give it a try. There's not a lot of information on this cologne, which is a 2009 limited edition, out there. Different sites don't even list the same notes for it. The most common ones seem to be grapefruit, chamomile, tarragon, cinnamon and incense. It's not even listed on my go-to cologne site, Fragrantica.com.

Anyway, here's my first impressions. It's a pleasant scent, not overwhelming. I would definitely classify it as a fougère of some sort. Some people have said it reminds them a lot of Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male, and I tend to agree. That's not a bad thing for me, since I like Le Male very much. Initially, the grapefruit and cinnamon notes seem to be the strongest, but after it settles down, the incense takes over from the grapefruit. I don't know if it's anything really special, but it does make a nice addition to my collection. And the black matte glass bottle is very attractive, and easy to hold. It seems like a lot of cologne bottles these days are made to be interesting, but don't fit the hand very well. I don't know if it will be one of my favorite scents yet. That spot seems to be reserved eternally for CK One Shock. It's a good scent, though, and I think it's well worth what I paid for it. If you see it, give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Hidden in Snow (Viveca Sten)

  Snow. Cold. Mountains. Darkness. You find these things a lot in Nordic Noir. And while Viveca Sten isn't usually included in lists of ...