24 May 2014

First 10 Songs, May 24, 2014

Yet another fascinating installment of random music from my Pandora account. I might switch to iTunes Radio, though.

  1. "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" (Shania Twain: Come On Over) - One of my favorite songs! A great way to wake up. I love the video!
  2. "Blue Bayou" (Linda Ronstadt: Simple Dreams) - Two favorites in a row? This must be my lucky day! Personally, I consider Linda Ronstadt to be the greatest living female vocalist. A wide vocal range, and excellent taste in music.
  3. "Bei Mir Bist Du Schon" (The Puppini Sisters: Betcha Bottom Dollar) - Yet another favorite. I love the Puppini Sisters. I'm probably one of the few in my area that's even heard of them. And their take on this classic is just too much fun.
  4. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" (Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell: The Complete Duets) - A love the song, but I'm not familiar with this version. I like it.
  5. "Les Vieux" (Jacques Brel: The Olympia - 1964) - A great French language singer and songwriter. Not nearly as widely known in the US as he should be.
  6. "I'll Tumble 4 Ya" (Culture Club: Greatest Hits) - I'll admit it: I've always been a fan of Boy George and Culture Club. I love this song!
  7. "Opposites Attract" (Paula Abdul: Forever Your Girl) - This is becoming one of the best Pandora shuffles ever. In spite of what's happened to her recently, Paula Abdul remains one of my favorite singers. And this is one of her best songs.
  8. "We've Only Just Begun" (The Carpenters: Close to You) - OK. This makes it official. Best Pandora shuffle ever! Karen Carpenter was the first singer I truly enjoyed. Her voice was perfect, and the music she made with her brother Richard was pure pleasure. There will never be another as good.
  9. "Up!" (Shania Twain: Up!) - Two Shania Twain songs? Kind of unusual for Pandora, but I like it. I haven't heard this song before, but I like it.
  10. "Adiemus" (Adiemus: Songs of Sanctuary) - Very classical style music from Karl Jenkins. I really like the Adiemus albums. And this is one of the best.
There you have it: a great Pandora shuffle. What's some of your favorite music? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Hidden in Snow (Viveca Sten)

  Snow. Cold. Mountains. Darkness. You find these things a lot in Nordic Noir. And while Viveca Sten isn't usually included in lists of ...